FPIK, SEMARANG – The activities of the ICTCRED 2020 international conference (International Conference on Tropical and Coastal Region Eco-Development) are the answer to problems related to climate change, which affects coastal, social, economic, fishery and marine health. The Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science (FPIK), Diponegoro University, as the organizer of the activity, held the 6th ICTCRED 2020 on 27-28 October 2020 online via Zoom meeting. This annual event was opened by Undip Rector Prof. Dr. Yos Johan Utama, S.H., M.Hum; and was attended by the Vice Chancellor for academic and student affairs Prof. Budi Setiyono, S.Sos., M.Pol.Admin., Ph.D, Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Heru Susanto, S.T., M.M., M.T.; Acting vice chancellor for Communications and Business Dwi Cahyo Utomo, S.E., M.A., Ph.D; Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation Prof. Dr. Ir. Ambariyanto, M.Sc., Dean of FPIK Prof. Tri Winarni and his staff, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Dean of the Faculty of Public Health, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Dean of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business, Dean of Psychology, Dean of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Agriculture, Dean of the Faculty of Science and Mathematics , Dean of the Vocational School, Dean of the Postgraduate School, Chair of the Indonesian Oceanology Undergraduate Association Dr. Safri Burhanuddin as well as researchers and academics from various countries and fields.
This international seminar aims to promote and disseminate scientific findings within the scope of Ecological Development of Tropical and Coastal Areas, as well as support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), especially SDG number 13 (Climate Action), number 14 (Life Bellow Water), and number 17 (Partnerships for the Goals). This year’s ICTCRED theme is “Sustainable Development in Coastal Area”. The keynote speakers at ICTCRED 2020 are 10 people from 7 countries, including:
- Naoki Itoh, Ph.D from the University of Tokyo, Japan with an area of expertise in Infectious Diseases of Mollusks.
- Ir. Slamet Budi Prayitno, M.Sc from Diponegoro University, Indonesia with expertise in Aquaculture.
- Lee Chun Woo from Pukyong National University, South Korea, specializing in fisheries systems.
- Irwandi Jaswir from International Islamic University, Malaysia, with expertise in Food Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Karen Diele from Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland with a major in Marine ecology.
- Hwa Chien from National Central University, Taiwan, majoring in Oceanography
- Dwi Susanto, Ph.D from the University of Maryland, United States with expertise in Atmospheric and Marine Sciences.
- Magaly Koch from Boston University, United States specializing in Geology and Dryland Hydrology.
- Elena N. Naumova from Tufts University, United States; Infectious Disease Modeling and Forecasting (InForMID) expertise.
- Sucharita Gopal from Boston University, USA with expertise in GIS Spatial Analysis, Modeling and Spatial Statistics.
Chairman of the seminar committee Dr. Aris Ismanto, S.Sc., M.Sc. said “This seminar is usually held offline, but due to Covid-19, we have to change our habits online. We received more than 200 abstracts from prospective presenters but those who passed the selection stage were 107 presenters, of which 46 were from within UNDIP and general or outside UNDIP were 61 people. The entire presenter is divided into 4 countries, namely Indonesia, the Netherlands, the United States and Japan.”
The research presented at this event will be published in international proceedings indexed by the Scopus Institute of Physics (IOP); International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (Q2), Biodiversity (Q3), Bioflux AACL (Q3), Squalen Bulletin of Marine and Fisheries Post Harvest and Biotechnology (Q4), Food Research (Q4); National journals indexed by SINTA such as the Marina Oceanography Bulletin, National Oceanic Journal, Tropical Marine Journal, and Fisheries Science and Technology.
Dean of FPIK Prof. Tri Winarni Agustini, M.Sc., Ph.D emphasized that the ICTCRED 2020 activity is a collaboration from the fields of coastal health, socio-economy and marine with the topics of Aquaculture, Fisheries, Marine Natural Products, Biotechnology, Coastal Engineering, Air Sea Interaction, Disaster Mitigation, And Rehabilitation, Coastal Policy, Fisheries Processing Technology, Coastal Resources, Coastal Social and Economic, Marine Science, Geoecohazard, Oceanography, and Coastal health.
ICTCRED 2020 activities are supported by the Association of Indonesian Oceanology Scholars (ISOI), Center for ICZM Undip, Corem Undip, TU Delft Netherland, NWO Netherland and TUFTs University USA. The Dean hopes that this activity can be useful for advances in science and technology, especially in the fields of fisheries and marine affairs. A glimpse of the 2020 ICTCRED documentation can be watched on the Official FPIK UNDIP YouTube channel. (Source: www.undip.ac.id)