VISION & MISSION
- Becoming an excellent Faculty in the field of fisheries and marine tropical in 2024.
- Provide quality education in the field of fisheries and marine science.
- Conduct scientific research and publications, and produce Intellectual Property Rights (HaKI) in the field of fisheries and marine science.
- Conduct community services in the field of fisheries and marine science.
- Organize professional and accountable Faculty management.
- Conduct student activities to support the achievement of the COMPLETE (Communicator, Professional, Leader, Entrepreneur, Thinker, and Educator) graduate qualification.
- The main goal of the implementation of education at FPIK is to produce graduates with competencies according to Indonesian National Qualification Framework (KKNI) and following the public development and the job market. In details, the objectives of education are as follows:
Teaching and Learning Process Improvement
- Enhancement of graduates’ quality, with indicator of shorter study period (4 years average) with higher GPA (average of 3.3/4.0).
- Creation of good academic atmosphere within the faculty, including the increasing number of seminars, workshops, public/guest lectures and scientific discussions.
- Increase of the number of textbooks, lecture books, modules and practicum guidance published by the lecturer.
- Teaching and learning process are well executed, with increasing number of classes that implement the Student Centered Learning (SCL) system.
Human Resources Improvement
- Assist and improve the learning opportunities to Doctorate Degree for lecturers based on the required competencies from the faculty.
- Assist and improve the welfare of lecturers and employees in FPIK.
- Increase the number of lecturer with certain expertise to prepare the replacement of retired lecture and maintain the ratio of student-lecturer.
- Increase and improve the lecturer and administration employee skills to support optimum services for scholars and public.
- Motivate and support the lecturers of FPIK with Doctorate degree to obtain the highest functional level (Professor). To become a research university, it is expected that in 2020 the number of Professor in the faculty comprises minimum of 10% from the total lecturers, which means there should be at least 15 lecturers as Professor (Currently, FPIK have 148 lecturers).
Learning Facilities Quality Improvement
- Increase the comfort of the work space of lecturers and employees to increase and improve the services.
- Increase the comfort of classes and their facilities to support a quality learning process
- Increase the quality and facility of laboratory (both in the types and numbers) to support practicum course and research, both the laboratory and the instruments.
- Increase the library facilities with comfortable room and complete the literatures (both hardcopy and softcopy), books, proceedings, journals, and other scientific papers.
- Develop and increase the network access to support teaching-learning process and administrative tasks.
Internal Governance Improvement
- Improve administrative systems and procedures (academic, general, staffing, finance, and student affairs), through the optimization of the quality assurance system and information systems (SIA, SIK). Currently, 5 (five) quality assurance books have been prepared, including (1) Academic Policies, (2) Academic Regulations, (3) Academic Standards, (4) Quality Manuals, and (5) Manuals Procedure.
- Compile and complete manual procedures for all officials (academic, staffing, finance, research and community service, and student affairs), as a work guideline for all parties involved (Faculty leaders, lecturers, employees, students and communities).
Research and Community Services
- Research organized in FPIK are obtained through international, national, regional or university level selection. The research are highly competitive, such as RUT, RUTI, Incentive Grants, Competency Grants, Postgraduate Grants, National Strategic, International publications, Competitive Grants, Fundamental research, RAPID, Hi Link and several studies from local government or private sectors.